I am applying for a research scientist position (“Chargé de Recherche de classe normale”, CRCN)
You want to contribute to public research, to develop research projects. You have diversified experience abroad, in different laboratories/organizations. So don't wait any longer, apply ! Here are a few keys to make sure that you meet the conditions before starting the registration process.
Terms and conditions in order to register
|Age||No age limit|
|Nationality||No conditions of nationality required to appl|
|Qualification||Doctorat or equivalent|
Can I apply if I don’t have the required qualifications?
Yes, it is possible to sit the standard class researcher examination without the required qualifications. In this case, you must imperatively request "academic equivalency" for scientific work, which will be examined by the competent Specialized Scientific Commission of the institute.
- The INRAE HR department will check that you meet the conditions required to apply and authorize you to take the examination according to the qualifications transmitted or, where applicable, academic equivalency requests.
- You will receive an email indicating the status of your application : eligible to the examination or ineligible.
- Your admission to the examination then allows the jury to examine your application file.
How to register?
and attaching the necessary supporting documents. 2/ Or by completing a paper application form, to be downloaded from the website.
Applications must be returned before the deadline indicated in the application form or on the website.
- Read the candidate handbook carefully before you complete the application
- Any application submitted or sent after the deadline will be rejected
- Postal items must be duly prepaid
- Applications sent by email will not be accepted
- Make sure that your application is complete when submitted
- You may not attach letters of references
What are the different stages of the examination ?
The researcher examinations will take place in 2 stages:
- Eligibility based on the merit of the application : The eligibility jury will examine the scientific merit of the candidates in the field under consideration. This examination will consist in studying your scientific file. The jury will verify that you have the required scientific skills for the vacant position. Once the applications have been examined, the eligibility jury will draw up a list of eligible candidates.
- Admission following an audition : if you are eligible, you will receive a notice approximately 3 weeks before your audition, as well as the necessary instructions for the preparation of the latter. The audition will allow the in-depth examination of certain data from your scientific file, and help to better understand your personality, assess your ability to work within a team and integrate yourself into the INRAE environment.
After the auditions, the admission jury will draw up a merit-based list of eligible candidates and inform you of the result. If necessary, an additional list will be drawn up.